We're here for you
Whether you are already a member or just checking your options we are happy to hear from you.
We’ve included some common questions here, so feel free to browse or drop us a line, or both.
Talk to a professional today.
We are a member based financial institution dedicated to the financial well-being of our members. We are committed to providing our membership of over 5,900 with the necessary support for achieving their financial goals through trusted financial information and excellent member service.
Membership is open to the relatives of members, this includes spouses, children, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces and grandchildren; a person recommended by any two Credit Union members who are in good financial standing and current and former employees of the Massy group.
Membership applications will now be processed by appointments. To make an appointment to apply for membership please contact us at 431-0803 or email@example.com.
You can start the application process by downloading the membership form here. You will need to provide the following with your membership application form:
- Two (2) forms of valid identification, one of which must be picture e.g. Barbados ID card, valid passport, valid drivers license.
- A recent proof of address (e.g. utility bill or bank statement).
- Non-refundable application fee of BBD $5.00 and Qualifying Shares of BBD $50.00.
We have three (3) full-service Credit Union offices:
- James Fort Building, Corner Hincks & Prince Alfred Streets, Bridgetown Open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- PriceLo Complex, Sargeants Village, Christ Church – Open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Kensington Mall, Fontabelle, St. Michael – Open Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
Here’s how you can withdraw funds from your Credit Union account:
- You can visit any office location and one of our tellers will be happy to help you. Remember to bring a piece of valid picture identification to present to the Teller; a Barbados ID card is perfect.
- You can also complete the online Transfer Request Form and have the funds transferred directly to your bank account.
We try to make this as easy as we can; you can deposit funds to your Credit Union account:
- In-person at any of our offices.
- Through a Direct Bank Deposit – send funds from your bank account to your Credit Union account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- By using SurePay & SurePay Online – visit any SurePay location or register for SurePay online and you can make direct deposits to your Credit Union accounts. Contact us at email@example.com for details on this payment option.
- First Citizens Bank (Barbados) – customers of First Citizens Bank can use their online banking to send funds to their Credit Union accounts. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on setting up this payment option.
You can apply for any loan secured by savings immediately after you join the Credit Union.
For unsecured loans, we encourage new members to start saving with us however, new members can apply for a loan after their account is open.
We have flexible loan products that are designed to meet your:
- Consumer Personal Loans
- Vehicle Loans
- Renewable Energy Loans
- Seasonal Loans
- Lines-of-Credit (LOC)
Please visit our loan product page for details on these products.
The basic requirements for all loan applications are – a completed loan application form, recent payslip, a job letter, two (2) forms of valid ID and a proof of address. Your proof of address must be no older than three (3) months from the date of issue.
For a loan fully secured by your savings, you can call the Credit Union and apply via telephone.
For loans greater than your savings you can apply online or by visiting one of our offices and completing a loan application form.
An original job letter, recent payslips, two (2) forms of valid ID and a recent proof of address are required for loans greater than your savings; the proof of address should be no older than 3 months from the date of issue. Please keep in mind that loan requirements may vary depending on the type of loan.
Because we know and value the importance of saving we can help you find the saving or investment account to match your goals:
- Regular Deposit Account
- Shares Account
- Specialty Savings Plans
- Term Deposit Accounts (investment)
Please visit our savings product page for details on these products.